I had to a client who wrote short summaries of blog posts related to their industry. They then had a link out to the original source.
By default, the entry title post links on an Archive page is linked to the blog post itself. Instead, we needed it to link to the original full story. I did three things for this setup:
- Created a custom field for the source URL in the blog post editor.
- Added a custom Read More link to the handcrafted excerpt that went to the source story, not the single blog post template.
- Added the same custom link to the title of the blog post on the archives page, not the single blog post template.
Changing the entry title post links in an Archive view in Genesis is pretty simple to do! Just make sure you include your own custom field in the
if statement along with
Related Genesis and WordPress Posts
- Change Header Logo Link in Genesis
- Change WordPress Admin Login Logo and URL
- Add Next Post and Previous Post Links To Your Posts In Genesis